Sleep training isn’t recommended until your baby is 6 months old, but that doesn’t mean you’re powerless to help them (and you) sleep better now.
For the past three decades, Kim West, known around the world as The Sleep Lady®, has personally helped over twenty thousand families gently teach their children how to fall asleep—and fallback asleep—without leaving them to cry it out alone.
Now, inThe Sleep Lady®’s Gentle Newborn Sleep Guide, she offers gentle, evidenced-based ways to help newborns (and parents) get to sleep! Understand action steps you can take and learn myths you can let go of with easily digestible chapters you can follow along monthly. In month-by-month chapters that are easily digestible (even in the middle of the night!), West and her Gentle Sleep Team share:
- How feeding, attachment, soothing, and temperament all factor into your infant’s sleep
- The key developmental milestones from birth through five months and how to encourage sleep at every stage
- Safe co-sleeping guidelines—and clear answers around this hotly debated topic
- Success stories from real parents
- Alternatives to the “cry it out” method for newborns, based on an infant’s developmental readiness to self-soothe
- Plus, what parents need to know to make sure they’re taking care of themselves, too
It’s easy to get overwhelmed by conflicting advice on sleep training, nap coaching, sleep schedules, and more. The Sleep Lady®’s Gentle Newborn Sleep Guide provides clear guidance and a safe haven free of judgment, guilt, and criticism for parents seeking options that align with their parenting values and beliefs.
Raising a newborn doesn’t have to be a sleep-deprived nightmare. Trust your instincts. Learn how to read and respond to your baby’s cues with confidence. And finally get a good night’s sleep.